Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX does not communicate to SCXI-1000 under using DAQ-6052E, Win XP over fire wire. "Cannot perform test at this time".

I cannot find the SCXI chassis containing two SCXI-1102 boards using the MAX software. I have added the SCXI 1000 using the new command, and manually configured the cards, but the MAX software refuses to admit that they exist. The 6052E passes its test. I am stuck until the software recognizes the SCXI system.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,945 Views)
Greetings,

This could be caused by a number of problems, but I am guessing that it is a driver issue. What version of NI-DAQ are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling NI-DAQ? Have you used this SCXI chassis before? Do you have another DAQ board you can use to verify that the SCXI hardware works on another computer? If you are able to verify your chassis on another computer, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling NI-DAQ.

Let me know what you think.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,945 Views)
Based on similar problems answered, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked the driver version against the Web, and it is the latest. I have tried one other 6052E, and I have tried each of the 1102B's separately. I do not have a different SCXI chassis, but I have checked all three fuses, and tried setting an alternate address. Because of plug 'n' pray issues with this combination, detailed manual installation instructions were provided, but they do not work under Win XP. I have autodetected the 6052E however, and manually configured the SCXI chassis and 1102B cards. The latest claim is that it cannot find the 1102B. (See attached screen shots for details). This equipment is brand new out of the box, and I expect it to work. Do I
need to buy additional SCXI hardware to prove that this hardware doesn't work?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,945 Views)