From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im new to Labview and have an easy question.I have Labview 7.0 and I,ve set-up 288 type t thermocouples using (SCXI 1102)in MAX they read fine and now I want create a VI so I can see them on the front panel.

My OS is windows 2000. Also if there are any good text book on how to use Signal Conditioning with Labview Please asvise.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,111 Views)
Here is the SCXI 1102 Thermocouple example. The only thing you need to know is the configuration of your chasis and modules( see manual).For example my configuration is set to; CJCsensor is Thermistor, type J,(your case T) and specify the channel for example with 0b0!sc1!md1!0:2. sc1 is the scxi chasis 1, md1 module 1(slot) and 0 to 2 for channels.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,111 Views)
I apologize for the delay. I just saw this posting as a link from a more recent posting. Probably you're long past this problem in your programming, however I'd like to post a simple answer for the record for anyone else who sees the posting....

If you've already configured your DAQmx channels in MAX it is very simple to get started in LV. Simply drop a DAQmx Channel control on your front panel, select one of your channels, then right click on the control and select "Generate Code > Example" This causes example code to be generated on your diagram that matches your configuration. Then run the VI.

BTW, if you think you may be sampling all 288 thermocouples at one time, you may want to create a task to contain all of the channels. You can do this in MAX. Then in LV
, drop a DAQmx Task control, select your task in the control, and again right click on the control and select "Generate Code > Example" to generate the code to read the channels in the task.

Deborah
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,111 Views)
Mike's example is good if you are using the Traditional DAQ driver/VIs without virtual channels. However, if you are using DAQmx, this example won't help you. See my other response to this question for getting started in LV with DAQmx.

Deborah
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,111 Views)