Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to set up a SC2345 with pwr option 1 and SCC-CI20 modules

I require the SC2345 module to log/run pressure transducers that use an input voltage of either 9-28Vdc or 10.5-45Vdc can this be supplied with the current set up (SC2345 with power option 1 and SCC-CI20 modules) or do I need to add an external power supply (eg power option 3 with the SC2345).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,032 Views)
The SCC-PWR01 (power options 1) converts the +5VDC from your DAQ board to the +/-15VDC that the SCC modules require. I assume when you are talking about 9-28VDC or 10.5-45VDC for your pressure transducers you are referring to the excitation that they require. This has nothing to do with the power option for the SC-2345. Power options 1 - 3 just supply power to the SC-2345 and the SCC modules. What you need is excitation for your transducer.

I would not recommend just tapping into the 15VDC that is made available to the modules since you may put too much of a current/power draw on the SC-2345 and/or your DAQ board since that is where the power is ultimately coming from. I would recommend external excitation for your transducers.

Regards,
Justin Bri
tten
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,031 Views)