Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up SCXI 1124 for Vout with PCI 6363 in MAX

I would think to get six Vout channels I would create a new task in MAX and select the AO channels from the 1124.  But when I do so I get a -200077 error from max.  How do I configure the 1124/6363 to provide me with the six independent output channels I need?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,165 Views)

Hi teslac,

Could you post screen shots of your MAX configuration? I am not sure how you are setting up your task but the 1124 module only supports software timed single point conversions, so using any type of task that writes N samples is not supported, as indicated by throwing error 200077. In the sample mode configuration, it would need to be set as On-Demand. 

Best of luck!

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,150 Views)

I was able to find the solution from NI yesterday.  I found out the 1124 does not have a buffer and gets it's write instructions from DAQmx from the digital bus of the 6363.  Once I found this out it made sense why the MAX-task would not work.  I had to write a separate task with DAQmx "Create Channel" with the physical channels of the SCXI as 0-5. Then I could write my array to the DAQ-write in a loop.  Since the 1124's architecture is different from the 6363 I had a very hard time on my own figuring this one out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,144 Views)