Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control signal condition card in SW

Hello,

I develop a standalone C# SW for controlling NI DAQ using NationalInstuments.DAQmx.dll.

Now I have a requirement to support SC card. I need a guidance of how to start - which API should I use? From what dll? Are there code examples? 

Thanks in advance,

Hadas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,858 Views)

Hi Hadas, 

What model of hardware are you using? What operating system are you using? What version of .NET is on your system? What Development Environment do you have? Much of the signal conditioning hardware National Instruments offers can use DAQmx. 

There a few locations where you can find examples in C# that use DAQmx. The following links may be beneficial for you: 

Text Based NI-DAQmx Data Acquisition Examples

Where Can I Find NI-DAQmx Examples?

These two links should direct you toward examples that are provided in the DAQmx driver. When using this driver, using the API associated with it will work best. Take a look at these resources and see if you think they will work for you. 

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,850 Views)

Thanks for the examples. I already have a SW that runs NI Daq. I'm more intersted on how to control SSC specifacally.

The HW I use:

Daq 6284 M sires

The SCC module is SCXI-1102B and SCXI-1102C 

I use C# .Net framework 4.0 for Windows 7 and XP. NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll version 8.7.20.11

Thanks again,

Hadas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,812 Views)

Hi Hadas, 

The software driver you use to communicate with your DAQ equipment (DAQmx) is the same driver you will use to communicate with your SCXI hardware. So, you should be set to use your SCXI system, if you are communicating with your DAQ hardware without any trouble. Are you able to see your SCXI system in NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (NI MAX)?

As far as getting your application up and running, the examples I directed you to in my last post should be helpful. 

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,796 Views)

Thanks for the info, but now i'm getting "Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired." error after several minutes of measurment.

I'm running the following configuration:

NI PXI-1033 "Chassis 1"
 1: NI PXI-1033 Integrated MXI Express "Remote Controller"
 4: NI PXI-6289 "PXI1Slot4"
 5: NI PXI-6281 "PXI1Slot5" 
  NI SCXI-1000 "SC1"
 1: NI SCXI-1102B "SC1Mod1"
 2: NI SCXI-1102B "SC1Mod2"

SC1 is connected to PXI1Slot5/ai0.

I created master task for PXI1Slot4 and a slave task for SC1 and syncronized between them by:

masterTask.Timing.ReferenceClockSource ="PXI_Clk10";

masterTask.Timing.ReferenceClockRate = 10000000;

slaveTask.Timing.ReferenceClockSource ="PXI_Clk10";

slaveTask.Timing.ReferenceClockRate = 10000000;

slaveTask.Triggers.StartTrigger.ConfigureDigitalEdgeTrigger("/PXI1Slot4/ai/StartTrigger",

DigitalEdgeStartTriggerEdge.Rising);

Can you help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,748 Views)

Hi hpeled, 

It appears that you are dealing with error -200284. If this does not occur immediately, it could be the result of incompatible timing settings. Take a look at this KnowledgeBase article and let me know if none of the steps take care of the issue. 

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,735 Views)