From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calbrate SCXI -1102 -w- TC-2095

I am trying to calibrate an SCXI-1102 module. The Cal. Exec. Software assumes I have a SCXI-1300 terminal block to connect to, but we use a TC-2095 instead. I need to know how to connect the calibrator to the SCXI-1102 module correctly. When I connect all the inputs together as I would with a 1300 TB, I get a bunch of failed channels during verification, and when it goes to make adjustments, I get the following error:
An NI-Daq interface error occurred at:
Step: 'Adjust the SCXI NI-DAQ Memory' in
Sequence: 'Adjust SCXI Module'.

Specific error information:
Error Code: -10012
Error Message: badRangeError: The analog input or analog output voltage or
current range is invalid for the specified channel, or you are writing an
i
nvalid voltage or current to the analog output.

What do I need to do to get this to work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,975 Views)
While the SCXI-1300 (or equivalent break out box) is recommended since it makes access to the pins on the SCXI-1102 much easier, it is by no means required in order to run the calibration procedures on the 1102. Following the procedures in the "Calibrating the 1102/B/C with Calibration Executive," you can see that the main connection you need to be able to make are to tie all of the positive channel inputs together and all of the negative channel inputs together (p.7 of the manual). I have attached the manual below just in case you do not have a copy on hand. Those connections can be made through any terminal block or cable that gives you access to the +/- of each channel.

If you have problems making the connections through the TC-2095, then any 96-pin cable that you might have to connect to the 1102 can be used to get access to those pins. In both manuals attached to this response, you can find the front connector pin assignments to the 1102 - basically for your calibration procedure all of row B will be tied together and all of row C will be tied together.

If the connections are made correctly, then error -10012 generally indicates the following issue:

"The -10012 error is a result of having input voltages that are higher than what is dictated in the tables of the Calibration Procedure for a specific gain setting. For example, if you have a gain setting of 1, Table 2 sets your test points as +9.8000V, 0.0000V, -9.8000V. If the voltage from your calibrator is within these ranges, you should not get the -10012 error.

For test purposes, you can measure the voltages with a DMM through the break-out pins in the back of the SCXI-1349. The voltage you read in your calibration software might be significantly larger or smaller than the voltage you would read from these pins due to signal amplification differences."

The other possibility is that the ranges for some of your channels are not set properly. I would verify that the input ranges you have specified for your device are acceptable ranges for that device.

If you are still having problems, then please let us know and include a little more detail as to the connections that you are making and the settings of your 1102 module. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Michael
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,975 Views)