From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,I'm new to working with DAQ boards and I want to know, how can I connect high voltage or current (or another values) to the analog input of DAQ thanks a lot

Hi,I'm new to working with DAQ boards and I want to know,how can I connect high voltage or current (or another values) to the analog input of DAQ thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,656 Views)
Hello (interesting alias)...

The first thing you need to do is figure out if the device you are using is capable of handling the high voltage or current that you are wishing to apply to it. Be sure to check out the board specifications before attempting anything, otherwise you run the risk of damaging on board components.

Next, what accessory are you using to get access to your device channels? Some common accessories used for connecting voltage and current inputs are the shielded connector blocks. If this is the case, then all you need to do is find the pinout for your device and connect your signals into the right pins (any of the analog input pins for your case).

All of this information can be found in the device manual. Go to www.ni.com/manuals to find the manual for your device.

Hope this helps.

Jared A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,656 Views)