From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever successfully done a cont double buffer acq from multiple SCXI channels AND a spare AI of the MIO that controls the SCXI chassis at the same time?

I am trying do a sanity check before I order some hardware.

What I want to do is acquire from multiple channels in a SCXI chasis and as part of the same acquisition, also read from one of the "un-used" AI channels of the MIO card.

My concern is this:
All of the channels of the SCXI chassis get multiplexed down into a single channels of the MIO card that controls the SCXI chassis. This means that channel 0 has to do multiple A/D conversions to get a reading from all of the configured SCXI channels.

Meanwhile, the other AI channel of the MIO only has to do one to get it's reading. It seems that the on-board
clock of the MIO would have to run at two rates to be able to read all of my SCXI channels AND the other AI channel.

What I want to do:
I want to just configure a vitual channel for all of my SCXI channels AND one more for one "odd-ball" signal that is incompatable with all of the SCXI modules.
Then I just want to list all of my virtual channels when I configure and start my continuous double buffered acquisition.

I have successfully done all SCXI channels before, but I have never tried to use one of the un-used AI on the MIO at the same time. I have used the spare DIO lines previously, but that will not work in this app.

So...

If you have done this and it worked, I would greatly appreciate hearing about any special techniques that were used, etc.

Thank you for reading this question,

Ben

PS LV 7
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,761 Views)
Jeremy answered here
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000007C40000&UCATEGORY_0=_30_%24_12_&UCATEGORY_S=0
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,761 Views)