Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever successfully done a cont double buffer acq from multiple SCXI channels AND a spare AI of the MIO that controls the SCXI chassis at the same time?

I am trying do a sanity check before I order some hardware.

What I want to do is acquire from multiple channels in a SCXI chasis and as part of the same acquisition, also read from one of the "un-used" AI channels of the MIO card.

My concern is this:
All of the channels of the SCXI chassis get multiplexed down into a single channels of the MIO card that controls the SCXI chassis. This means that channel 0 has to do multiple A/D conversions to get a reading from all of the configured SCXI channels.

Meanwhile, the other AI channel of the MIO only has to do one to get it's reading. It seems that the on-board
clock of the MIO would have to run at two rates to be able to read all of my SCXI channels AND the other AI channel.

What I want to do:
I want to just configure a vitual channel for all of my SCXI channels AND one more for one "odd-ball" signal that is incompatable with all of the SCXI modules.
Then I just want to list all of my virtual channels when I configure and start my continuous double buffered acquisition.

I have successfully done all SCXI channels before, but I have never tried to use one of the un-used AI on the MIO at the same time. I have used the spare DIO lines previously, but that will not work in this app.

So...

If you have done this and it worked, I would greatly appreciate hearing about any special techniques that were used, etc.

Thank you for reading this question,

Ben

PS LV 7
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,763 Views)
Jeremy answered here
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000007C40000&UCATEGORY_0=_30_%24_12_&UCATEGORY_S=0
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,763 Views)