Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception 0E

Hi there.

I�ve been having problems with a SCXI-1000. I am using a SCXI-1000, with a SCXI-1200 (controlling the chassis), a SCXI-1120 and a SCXI-1163. I developed a program in LabVIEW to take temperature readings (through the SCXI-1120) and send digital signal through the digital outputs of the SCXI-1163. The SCXI-1200 is only used to control the chassis.

The problem occurs after some time running (which is variable, it can be one day, two days or a few hours), when that infamous blue Windows screen is displayed with the following message (translated from portuguese) :
" Windows

An Exception 0E occurred at 0028:C980C906 in VxD NIDAQK(01) + 00007906. It was called from 0028:C23DA3D0 in VxD NIPALK(01) + 00026330. It may be possible to continue normally. ..."
Hitting any key the program continues normally, and at a random time later, the problem repeats.

Let me trace the history of this development.
I was having a lot of problem using the SCXI. After some time, the data acquisition always died with a timeout error message.
I then tried to disable every energy saving feature on both BIOS and Windows. Then the program was working fine for a few weeks, until the problem of the timeout started again.
Then I tried to reset the SCXI-1200 everytime a timeout was detected. Again, it worked for a few weeks, but then that blue screen described above started to appear. When this blue screen problem appeared, I was using LabVIEW 5.1 with NI-DAQ 6.9.1f28. After some unsuccessful attempts, I decided to install LabVIEW Base 6.1 and NI-DAQ 6.9.2 over the previous installation. Again, it didn�t worked. Finally, I tried to change the computer. I installed on this new computer LabVIEW 6.1 and NI-DAQ 6.9.2, and the same blue screen problem still happens.

I just don�t know what else I can try. I am sending attached a stripped version of my program (only with the DAQ part and a few variables). The main control routine is the daq_control.vi. You will notice the things I had to do in order to get the best reliability from the system.

PS : The first problems I described were successfully fixed disabling the Energy saving and reset the SCXI-1200 whenever necessary. Only the blue screen problem I wasn�t abel to fix yet.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,843 Views)
This is VERY interesting. I realize that it's been a month or so since you wrote this, but I want to offer a suggestion.

These SCXI-1200 parallel interface controllers are picky, since they work off the printer port. I've had problems with PCs getting data from the port.

Your problem is the same as mine, and interestingly enough, I am using the EXACT same cards!

My problems stems from the fact that every loop, I was writing a value to the digital port, whether it had changed or not. If I removed this portion of the code, it worked fine.

So, I used a shift register, and I compared the port value to write with the previous one. If it hasn't changed, don't do anything to the 1163. If it has, write to the port.

That cleared up the problem immedia
tely. The SCXI-1200 uses interrupts to transfer its data to the PC. I think writing to the 1163 quickly in a loop at some point occurs when the interrupt occurs, and eventually the buffer fills, and you get the timeout error.

If you need me to show you how to do this, let me know.

I'd also encourage using DAQ occurrences to free up processor time while you're waiting for data to come back from the card. I can show you this as well.

Hopefully I'm not too late. In the future, I'd suggest posting this in the Labview->general section, as it has much more traffic (even though this is the correct area for such a post).

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,843 Views)