From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples for averaging temperature from 1102

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone have an expample for averaging temperature arrays from an 1102.  I have a way of doing it but it would be difficult and I was hoping that there would be a better solution than pulling each TC from an array and doing a running average on those.  Since I have 62 TCs that would take a lot of doing. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,285 Views)

teslac,

I don't have an example but this shouldnt be overly complex.  You can start by using channel expansion (or a DAQ assistant) to acquire all your TC data in one task.  Then use a filter express VI set for smoothing with a rectangular window.  If the acquisition VI and smoothing filter are both in the same loop you will get nicely averaged data.  

Message 2 of 3
(5,244 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author teslac

RE: I have not used filter express only statistic and math funtions to do things like this in the past which can be laborious with interlaced and multiplexed signals.  I was hoping there was an easier way and this sounds like the ticket. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,229 Views)