Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NI have I to V Universal Signal Converter Hardware/Card

Dear All.

I am searching "Universal Signal Converter I TO V".

Is it available with NI Hardware?

Manohar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,028 Views)

Resistor?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,843 Views)

Are you trying to measure the current of a signal?  What I typically do is use a really small resistor in the signal path.  Something or 0.1 to 1 Ohm works well.  You can then measure the voltage drop across the resistor and divide by the resistor value.  You have now measured the current of the signal.

You also might want to give this a read: Measuring Current with an Analog Input

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,793 Views)

A shunt resistor will work, however, for very small currents you will yield only small voltages. If you try to measure a maximum current of 1 milli-amp, a 1 Ohm resistor will yield just 1 mV for the full range. If you need higher resolution for smaller currents and do not want to use bigger resistors, you may use a so-called transimpedance amplifier. You can build one yourself with a few components and a split power supply of around +/- 15VDC. Ready-made current-to-voltage converters are available, too. For very small currents you may look for photodiode preamplifiers.

Message 4 of 5
(5,681 Views)

And there is the µCurrent

More info at:

http://www.eevblog.com/projects/ucurrent/

http://alternatezone.com/electronics/ucurrent/uCurrentArticle.pdf

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,672 Views)