From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi dolakha,

In order to obtain the functionality you want, just put the outputs of the Get Waveform Components.vis into a Case Structure. Wire your 'zeros' button to the structure. For the false case (when the button is not pressed), wire the outputs straight through. For the true case (when button is pressed) output zeros to the indicators instead. 

You would then need to rebundle all of your components if you wanted to write these zeros to the measurement file as well.

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,798 Views)

Can you please elaborate or sketch it (if possible) for me because thing are so confusing for this case. I tried a lot but couldnot be clear about your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,791 Views)

dolakha,

See the attachment to get you started. The picture shows how your values from the Get Waveform Components should be wired straight through for the False case of the Case Structure. In the True case, you would create constants with a value of '0' and wire them to the outputs of the Case Structure.

Also, since this is no longer a hardware issue, you might think about creating this post on a LabVIEW software forum, that way more of the community will be able to add their input as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,781 Views)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your timely suggestins, Now I am clear with the way I need to follow to get desirable output. All I need to do is execute the program first in false case and when I  hit the Boolean, I t should display Load value as it is and deduct the last value (needs to keep constant) of false loop  from new values in True iterations for Stroke, Potent1 and Potent 2 but I am unaware  about technique of using last value of false loop as constant throughout the test duration.  Then I can take care the other thing of Code.

I have attached the program code with false/true and mentioned notes for easy understanding.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,760 Views)

Hi dolakha,

From what you are describing, it seems this could be a good use case for Shift Registers. You can have each output of the false case go to a Shift Register, then when you hit the Boolean control, you would then use the Shift Register values. Otherwise they will not be used.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,748 Views)

Thank you very much...Now I want to write these measurements to a text file. I have tried to bundle them together and connect to writing file, it doesnt support.

I also tried with build array function, but it only supports  dynamic data type. How i can fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(2,737 Views)

Hi dolakha,

There are two different ways to write your array to a text file. You can use the Write to Spreadsheet File.vi and input your 2D array in directly. Or you could use the Convert to Dynamic Data Express VI, then wire that Dynamic Data type to the Write to Measurement File Express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(2,730 Views)