Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Entran Accelerometers EGE-73A-100D1 to SCB-68 w/ PCI-6062E

I am trying to record information from three accelerometers that is connected to an SCB-68 board. The SCB-68 is connected to a PCI-6062E DAQ card on my notebook. Each of the accelerometers have 4 leads coming out of the cable. (+/- power and +/- output)
I have connected the +/- output leads to pin 33 and pin 66, respectively. Should I also jumper pin 66 to pin 32 (AIGND)? I am using an external 5V excitation voltage for the accelerometers.
Right now, I get erroneous information when checking the inputs on MAX. I am expecting a small signal voltage but I am reading signals from +10V to -1V, not uniform.
From the information I have given so far, am I connecting everything right?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,352 Views)
The first thing I would check is the output of the accelerometer with a voltmeter or DMM. If you are reading expected values here, then double check you connections to the SCB-68 as well as your configuration in MAX. It sounds like you are wanting to acquire data in differential mode, so make sure your board is set to that mode in MAX. As for external connections, refer to the tutorial linked below that discusses numerous ideas to keep in mind when connecting sensors to data acquisition systems.

Field Wiring Issues
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,352 Views)
Thanks for the link Jeremy, that really helped me out. The output of the accelerometer was in fact what I expected. I corrected my ground references after reading the link. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,352 Views)