From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning SCXI 1121 and 1321..gain settings

I am reading in a 0 to 30 millivolt signal. I have the jumpers set to 100. In max I still only read in 0 30 millivolts. Isn't it supposed to be 0 to 3 volts?

I have the 1321 hooked up to an omegadyne LCH series load cell. I can not null the offset. I tested the potentiometer and it is working. Why am I not able to null the offset. The jumpers are enabled.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,816 Views)
Even though a gain of 100 is applied to a signal, the driver actually automatically adjusts the value back to the original range after the analog to digital conversion. The gain is applied prior to the A to D conversion in order to take advantage of the full range of the A to D converter in order to maximize resolution. As for the null offset, I would recommend taking a look at the LabVIEW example below that illustrates how to accomplish this. Respond if you still have problems.

Example
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,816 Views)