From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I input 15V on SCXI 1102?

I would like to input signal which range from -15V to 0V. Is it possible on SCXI 1102 which input damage level is 42V?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,704 Views)
Hello,

I strongly advice you to NOT apply more than 10 Volts between the terminals of the SCXI-1102 differential inputs.
This analog input module has been designed for input range up to +/-10 Volts when configured with the smallest gain (G=1).

If you connect voltage bigger than + 10 Volts or -10 Volts, you will apply the same level of voltage to the digitizer (the DAQ board) because the gain could not be smaller than the unity gain with the SCXI-1102 (no attenuation feature). Moreover, the DAQ board has a maximal input range of +/- 10 Volts.
Consequently, there is a possibility of permanent hardware damage for all the measurement chain (SCXI + DAQ board).

The specifications in the SCXI-1102 user manual details the input characteristics:
Input signal ranges
±100 mV (gain = 100) or ±10 V (gain = 1)
Max working voltage (signal + common
mode)
Each input should remain within ±10 V of CGND
Input damage level ±42 VAC peak or VDC

Best Regards.
Matthieu Gourssies
National Instruments France.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,704 Views)