From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJC channel does not show up in MAX

Greetings,

I have an SCXI 1124 that I am reading in 32 TC's with.  When I try to configure it for CJC internal under MAX for physical channel it does not show up as described in "DAQmx Acquire CJC Temperature".  In that document the CJC physical channel should show up as a string similar to SC1Mod1/_cjcTemp but all I see under MAX under the 1124 is ai0-31.  I know this should be obvious but could someone shed some light on this and explain my oversight.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,180 Views)

Hi teslac,

The SCXI 1124 is an Analog Output module. Could you mean an 1121 or 1125 possibly?

Also, are you scanning the cjc temp channel along with the thermocouple channels? There are some SCXI modules that have to scan only the cjc temp channel without any other channels. You can find this information int he KnowledgeBase article below.

How Can I Address and Use Cold Junction Compensation (CJC) with SCXI Modules?

Hope this helps!

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,161 Views)

I just figured out my problem was in configuration.  I said I have an 1124 wich was from memory wich is foulable.  In reality I have an 1102 but what I did not know was that it had accessories with it also which I was not aware of.  It turns out I have to configure it in MAX with the accessory of 1303 where the cjc is located.  Once I do this I will be able to select cjc compensation for all of my 32 TC channels.

Please reagard as solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,157 Views)