From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA-1000. How to connect between the TTL 3.3v to 5.0 v pullup circuit and the J-series ports

I open the CA-1000 and trying to configure the wire similar to the attached diagram. 

But I have trouble figuring out where are the DIO 8, 9, 10, 11, ... because there is no label in the flexible flat wire connected between the J-series ports and the pullup circuit (I think the orange circuit board is the one). Please see the picture attached.

Also, what is the yellow block plug into the pullup circuit? Is there any special alignment between this yellow one and the pins on the black head?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,432 Views)

Hi longbelao,

We may need to clear a few things up before we work on the connection diagram you have.

The best way to determine the pins on the ribbon cable would most likely be to use a DMM. Could you also clarify where you are connecting the ribbon cable?

From my understanding of your pictures, the orance circuit board is just a breadboard for you to build your circuit from the connection diagram you have. When you are discussing the "yellow block" are you talking about the SIP resistor? If so, this is just a pack of resistors you can use for your circuit. Also, the 8x2 breakout for your 16 pin ribbon cable will not work in the breadboard. The rows of 5 holes are connected in series. Putting the connector in the breadboard would short the pins together. However, if this cable is only connected to D8 through D-15 this may not be an issue. Again further clarification on where the other end of the ribbon cable would be helpful for further understanding your hardware set-up.

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,321 Views)