Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After following SCXI1200 TS steps, I can't run Test Resources

I followed the DAQ (SCXI1200 user manual)and the troublshooting wizard on line and installed the SXCI1000 chassis on different PCs. I am using MAX v2.1, DAQ v6.9.1 and OS WIN2000. I can print using LPT. I have niether spare SCXI1200 nor parallel cable. The problem is I can't run"Test Resources" on Configuring Device. Please let me know your suggestion.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,681 Views)
There are a lot of factors that can affect the installation and configuration of the SCXI-1200. Because of this, there are a number of online documents that explain its configuration and some of the caveats that users should be aware of as they go through the installation. The following website contains instructions on installing the device (I am sure they are similar to those in the manual that you followed), but the page will also contains several links that address some of the problems that you are having:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/334BA1D8691AD25486256539004CC1A8?OpenDocument

Depending on what message you are getting when you attempt to run "Test Resources" in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX), will help you determine what the problem m
ight be. A few things that you want to be sure of is:

• Your parallel port should be set to EPP mode, which is usually set in the BIOS of the computer.

• Your SCXI-1200 needs to be in the first slot of the SCXI chassis.

• Make sure that when you reboot your computer that the chassis is powered ON.

Take a look at your system and let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Michael H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,681 Views)