From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 and 24 V power supply in SCXI chassis

I need 12 and 24 Volts for some sensors. My idea is to use a metal box with clamps in it to attach the wires of the sensors for power supply. This box I want to put inside the SCXI chassis (I have 6 empty slots in my 1001). There are some threads in the side wall I can use for mounting. I will not modify the cassis in any way but cut a slot in one front filler panel to get the wires in right next to the SCXI-1112 which I am using for the signal input.
Do I have to expect any problems due to noise? What other options do I have to have a 12 and 24 V power supply near to the SCXI-1112?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,639 Views)
You could introduce some noise by mounting a power supply inside of the SCXI chassis. The chassis itself does provide some degree of shielding, so you would be eliminating some of that shielding by placing that power supply inside. However, we have no specs for that because the chassis was not designed for that application. Another option may be to use the SCXI-1124 analog output module. While it has 6 channels with a +/- 10V range, you can cascade channels to get up to 60V per module. Below is the link to the SCXI-1124 produce page. I hope this information helps.

SCXI-1124
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,639 Views)