Sheffield LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration and Agenda for the next SLUG 13/08/15

Hi everyone!

The next Sheffield LabVIEW User Group is being held at The University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) on Thursday the 13th of August. Below is the current working agenda. If you would like to register for your limited free place then head on over to the Austin Consultants Website where you can sign up via Eventbrite.

LabVIEW User Groups are a great way to stay connected with other LabVIEW users in your area, keep up to date with the latest developments in LabVIEW from National Instruments, and share best practice with other LabVIEW users. It is the perfect forum to discuss any challenges you may be having within a particular project or just within the LabVIEW programming environment.

Agenda

2pm - Introduction

• Introduce everyone to the user group
  • Individual aims for the user group

Presentations:

• 2.15pm - Update from NI Week by the team at National Instruments
  • 3.00pm - The University of Sheffield Advanced Manufactoring Research Centre (AMRC) will be going over some of their key projects and how they are using LabVIEW in their work as a world class centre for advanced machining and materials research.
  • 3.45pm - TBC
  • 4.30pm - Coffee/Tea Break
  • 4.45 pm - Ask the expert - Your chance to discuss any current LabVIEW challenges with the rest of the User Group.
  • 5.00 pm - Wrap up (we hope you can join us for a drink after the event!)
  • Tea & coffee will be available during the event as well as some light snacks.

Venue

The User Group will take place at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Wallis Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5TZ. A map showing the exact location of the user group can be found here.

If you have any questions regarding the Sheffield LabVIEW User Group please contact Austin Consultants on 0800 772 0795 or email slug@austinconsultants.co.uk.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,612 Views)

Apologies that I can’t make this meeting as it is A-level results day and we’re expecting to be busy.

Regards

JMH

Dr John M Holding

Business Development Lead

Department of Engineering & Mathematics

Room 9325 Cantor Building

Sheffield Hallam University

Tel +44 (0) 114 225 6841

Fax +44 (0) 114 225 6930

J.M.Holding@shu.ac.uk<mailto:J.M.Holding@shu.ac.uk>

http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~eitjmh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,028 Views)

Hi all,

I'm the TBC on the agenda!! I'm going to be talking about databases in LabVIEW, in particular SQLite. I'll be introducing Dr. James Powells's wrapper for the SQLite API and how it can be of great benefit in many applications. I'm imagining this is going to be more of a round table discussion and looking at code - so don't worry, not a lecture!!

Best wishes,
DC

(David Catto - Austin Consultants)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,028 Views)