From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SAPHIR - Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Return String Length gDataBase

I have been using gDataBase for some time now. I just encountered an issue I haven't seen before. I execute an SQL query, which returns an array of long strings. Until recently, the string lengths have been around 30k characters long. But then I added some data that increased the string lengths to 43k characters. When this occured, gDataBase query quit returning data. I have verified that the query executes properly in SQL using phpMyAdmin. Are there limits to how many characters the "execute sql query" VI can return? I do note that the upper limit on data returned is 10MB. I'm not even close here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,484 Views)

Hello Manjag,

Could you please give me more information about your issue (Windows OS, LabVIEW and Toolkit version...). Maybe you can send me some VIs (at this address support@saphir.fr) ? I will try to reproduce your issue and I'll keep you informed of my progress.

Have a great day,

Sylvain

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,019 Views)

Hello Sylvain,

There is something more subtle occurring. I have tried to create a VI and associated database to reproduce the error by sending an equivalent amount of random data. I couldn’t get that to fail. So I went back to my database (the one which works with SQL queries from phpMyAdmin, but not gDatabase) and tried various ways to make it fail. It seems to have something to do with the amount of data I am returning in a complex query. If I reduce the amount of data, things seem to work well. Unfortunately the database contains potentially sensitive data, which means I can’t share it freely. I will try to obfuscate the data and get it to you in the next few days.

Thanks,

Preston

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,019 Views)