Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment Utility (RAD)

Casey,

Thank you very much for your help.  I will continue to study and educate myself on the cRIO system.  You have given me some good starting pointers. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 324
(7,957 Views)

Christian,

I downloaded both versions of the rtadu, but the installer crashes right after I start it.  I get an error message "The instruction at 0x00a92a50 referenced memory at 0x00000000.  The memory could not be read."  I also tried to install the AMC tools, but got the same error.  It appears to be common to several NI installers.

I am running Win7 x64.  Could that be my problem?  Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 324
(7,862 Views)

Bruce,

I'm not sure what is going on. One of the other engineers in my group just tested the AMC installer on Win7 x64 and installed without any problems. I attached the compiled version of the utility for you to use in the mean time.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 324
(7,850 Views)

I am not sure what is going on either.  Since my last post, I discovered I can't run any NI installation packages, not even the ones I ran a few days ago to install LabVIEW and all the other stuff on my new computer.  Something has become corrupted, and I am in the process of trying to figure out what it is.

Thanks for posting the zipped version.  I will use that until I figure out what is wrong with my computer.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 324
(7,849 Views)

I discovered that my NI installations were corrupted when I adjusted the partitions on my hard drive.  I thought they were fixed, but I couldn't run the installation packages.  I think the installation was trying to read information about all the installed software and crashed when trying to read the corrupted files.  After uninstalling and reinstalling ALL my NI software, everything is working fine.  I installed the AMC and RTADU.

My only complaint about the zipped version you posted the other day:  When you load the program, the list of files on the right defaults to scrolled down several entries.  Until you scroll up, you don't realize there are any files listed.  It took me a minute to figure out why the image I created earlier was not displayed.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 324
(7,832 Views)

I am using the native RT replication vi's for my cRIO targets with 9144 extension chassis running the LV2009 scan engine.

I am finding that all files are being copied but for some reason the scan engine will not start up properly once the target

has been replicated.  All IOV's and NSV's appear in the DSM and NSV's all have correct default values.

I am wondering if I need to copy the FPGA image as well or force the project to rebuild the scan engine IP?

Any Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 324
(7,755 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have an RT Deployment question and this seems to be the place to come for that.

Is it possible to change the IP address with the "Set IP Address.vi" of a cRIO target that has been locked?

The Set IP Address.vi does not have a place to give a password like set image does, but it also seems not to work for mesince I password protected the cRIO.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 324
(7,224 Views)

Clendon,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using? LabVIEW 2009 and later includes VIs to lock and unlock cRIO target programmatically. They also include updated VIs for creating and deploying RT application images.

The reason that the RT System Replication tools (LabVIEW 8.x) include support for the password on the Set Image VI, but not Set IP Address VI is that they use different protocols and at the time we did not have the necessary VIs in place to add Lock/Unlock through the protocol necessary for Set IP Address. Set Image uses the FTP VIs under the hood and they already included password support at the time.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 324
(7,209 Views)

Hi Christian,

I had done some initial development on LV 8.5, but migrated to LV 2009. I observed this issue on a 2009 setup.

So I need to unlock the cRIO, change the IP address, then relock it with the VIs new in 2009?

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 324
(7,203 Views)

clendon.gibson@canrig.com wrote:

So I need to unlock the cRIO, change the IP address, then relock it with the VIs new in 2009?

That is correct.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 324
(7,195 Views)