Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring control to user program

Dear All,

I am using cRIO 9082 controller in real time mode. There is no windows or other OS installed nor I need any other.

The controller was all configured using MAX and all relevant software packages were installed in it. My application was purely build in Labview 2014 RT, the application was deployed in the controller and it was running successfully. The controller power button was configured to "turn ON" as the DC voltage is applied.

One day the controller was not responding with the HMI as programmed, to find out the reason a monitor was directly attached with the controller using on board VGA port and cable, here the screen is stuck and continuously displaying the message

"Transferring control to user program                                                 SF 10000

aptio bios ....  2002-2006" etc....

I have tried every possible method to connect the controller with max to format and reconfigure it like,

IP reset

safe mode

disable RT

bios reset

etc

but to no vail.

Can someone help how to rescue my controller out of this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,142 Views)

Hello shabbir.1,

check out this link: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/Transferring-Control-To-User-Program/m-p/2743372

maybe it can help you.

Kind regards.

Message 2 of 5
(4,119 Views)

Thanks @pep91

IMHO the solution given below as suggested by @sunil264 is applicable only when the controller HDD has a windows OS as well (like a dual boot system)

2. Go to disk management, check for any unallocated disk space left in the HARD DISK

3. If So, Make partition for unallocated space

4. Boot with LabVIEW RT

...but in my case I don't have windows installed on the controller so how shall I first find out the unallocated space in the HDD and then run the disk managment utility to make another partiotion of that area.

Secondly, how can an unallocated space issue suddenly appear when all was going well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,114 Views)

The problem surfaced suddenly one day while powering ON the controller (the power wakeup button was set to "turn ON" in the bios).

Today I tried the method described by @sunil464 and it actually worked for me.

My controller initially didn't had windows OS as I didn't need it. I attached a portable DVD rom and a keyboard with the controller USB ports and turn the controller with "disable RT" switch ON. I had windows 7 DVD ROM available with me, so I booted the system with this disk. In the drive selection screen for windows installation I found that the complete HDD is an unallocated space (29.8 GB), now this is mystery whether this space was like this form the beginning when the controller was working fine or the drive got corrupted later on with the problem being discussed here. I deleted this partition as it was not format-able and then I made a primary partition in the drive (apart from a 100MB default system space partition). After windows installation I changed the position of the "disable RT" switch to OFF. Now initial screen was changed but it displayed a message no RT software installed and showed that i should configure the controller with MAX.

After connecting it with MAX all necessary softwares were installed, and the controller came back to life.

Thanks every one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,085 Views)

Glad to hear that from you.

Kind regrads.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,082 Views)