Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timestamp of the sbRIO-9637

Hi,

I need to know if you can help me to set the timestamp of the RT target (I have the board sbRIO-9637) at the same timestamp of my PC desktop ? when I save data to my SD card the timestamp of THE sbRIO-9637 is not the same as my PC.

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,604 Views)

Hi GSXR100045,

How are you timestamping your data on the RT target? Are you currently using any synchronization methods on your RT target (1588, GPS, SNTP, etc.)?

If what you are trying to do is synchronize system time on your target to your PC, SNTP might be a good option. You could either set up your PC as an NTP server, and then sync your target to it. Or you could use a public NTP server and sync both your PC and the target to that server.

There are a bunch of options for setting up NTP on Windows machines- Meinberg has some such software that would allow you to set up your PC as a server or client. For the Linux RT target, we don't have a supported solution for NTP, but many people have had success with the Linux open source options. This community page has some instructions that have worked in the past.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,550 Views)

Hi LindsW,

Thanks for your helps, now I have the Linux RT target, I'll see your link "community page" and I come back for the news.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,512 Views)