cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms -2519 error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have some code that was formerly working correctly but doesn't appear to be any longer (always frustrating). I think the change came about from new versions of NI-RIO on the cRIO 9074 I'm using, but not sure. 

The issue is that when trying to "open/create" a TDMS file I get an error -2519 and it doesn't seem to communicate with the cRIO. 

This problem only occurrs within the context of the cRIO since I can use the very same code in a project that's set up to datalog a bunch of random numbers generated by the computer. 

Any insight you all might have would be great!

Thanks, 

Jake

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,579 Views)

According to the error code, the tdm.dll version doesn't match your LabVIEW version. This probably because you have your LabVIEW upgraded but the tdms.dll failed to be upgraded. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,572 Views)

Thanks for the reply. 

So can you tell me the most expedient way to make sure that .dll is upgraded? I know it exists in the installation folder, I'm just not sure how to make sure it's upgraded. 

-Jake

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,563 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NXTenergy

Hi Jake,

Sounds like you may have had an error during installation.  You can try to repair your LabVIEW installation, or go to your installation DVD and install the TDSM.msi component again to try and repair the TDMS file.  The file will be in <DVD>\Products\TDMS\tdms\tdms.msi

Please let me know how that turns out.

Thanks,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 8
(8,556 Views)

Thanks guys, 

I believe the problem was a compatability issue. After installing a new version of the device drivers on the PC and all-new software on the cRIO, as well as changing some programmatic issues, the code executed properly. 

-Jake

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,551 Views)

I get this error, but I doubt its for the same reasons as everyone else. 

Even the most basic VI possible returns the -2519 error (just open and close - have a look at the screen capture  )

It wont open or create anything.... Three others have tried the same code, and the same file (all working on LV 15, same as me). Works fine for them. 

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing LV three times. I've tried to repair every single installed item that had TDMS in its name.... I've had two labview programmers look at it, they have no clue.

Note that I'm only working on my computer, nothing connected to it. I'm just trying to open up files that everybody else can open. We've repeatedly tried to send files back and forth, checking that it's not corrupted. That was not the case. 

The test file is <700kB i seriously doubt its a mem. issue. 

I need help...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,402 Views)

Hey sorry you're having this issue, but since you are posting on a thread that is over 2 years old you would probably get more visibilty if you could create a new thread with this issue. Also in that new thread can you tell us if you are using an RT system and if so, what hardware?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,380 Views)

... looks like dll mismatch 64/32bit.

Error occurs by using 32-bit LV15.

64-bit-tdms.dll  (1047kB) resides at ../Program Files/National Instruments/Shared/TDMS and

32-bit tdms.dll (769kB) at ../Program Files (x86)/ni\Shared\TDMS.

Rename 64-bit-version to tdms_64.dll and copy 32-bit-dll to that (64-bit) folder is my solution.

Hope it's useful.

Message 8 of 8
(5,927 Views)