Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbrio 9636 with gsm router

Hello,

I am new with sbRIO boards and with Labview as well. I have done some examples and now I have a "real" project which is really hard for me - the newbie. 

I have a GSM router - Geneco GWR352 and sbRIO9636 board and Labview 2013 and I need to make these tow devices communicate. I have done a little bit with web services - PC to sbRIO comunication and it works nicely, but now I need to make these two devices to communicate. Because I am really new to all this I would appriciate any kind of help.

So, I have to connect these two devices via Ethernet cable. Do I need to use web services or something else? Are there any example which can help me or tutorials?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,382 Views)

Hi bejtmen and welcome to NI Forums!

The question you need to ask yourself is this: what kind of information do I need to transmit between these devices?

An Ethernet cable is merely a physical layer, there can be many types of different protocols using it. You need to figure out what kind of messages your router accepts, and adopt the sbRIO code to it. Here are a couple of options to get you started. There are APIs and examples available for most common protocols. 

Regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,361 Views)

Hi Andrew Valko,

Thank You very much. I am supposed to get my GSM devices soon and then I will try what You have tld me.

I will check what kind of messages does my router accepts and then I will start my exploration.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,323 Views)