Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRio 9636 System Time

Hello 

After I set new System Time on Sbrio 9636, time is reseted when I reboot board. I See that there is a battery on board 3,3v probably to support track of real time ? But even though time is still reseting . So can anyone tell me what is for that battery ? And is it possible to keep track of system time ?

Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Hi Calmstar,

What is your method to set the time ?
Can you check if the battery is still delivering 3.3 V if you have your sbRIO since a long time ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,619 Views)

I tried two methods : 

1. Via web-server manually change time and save it. 

2. Programatically from PC.

set_time_sbrio.png

I bought a new 3,3v battery , but still didn't changed anything. 

What I found in datasheet is that there is a VBAT pin on RMC connector and that VBAT line is to power up real time clock to keep track of absolute time . So what is for that battery onboard ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,616 Views)

From the datasheet :

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373378c.pdf

The NI sbRIO device implements an onboard real-time clock (RTC) to keep track of absolute time. The RMC connector provides a VBAT line to power the RTC. Without a battery, absolute time will be reset during a power cycle.

At startup, the system clock of the NI sbRIO-9605/9606 resets to January 1, 1970, 12:00 a.m. (midnight), unless VBAT is implemented on the RMC.
---
So the VBAT jumper activates the functionnality, and the battery brings the power.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,606 Views)