Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO usb camera, driver from myRIO

Hi,

in myRIO the common USB camera works, is it possible to use the same set of drivers on sbRIO 9636?

I think it has the same OS, USB, only the CPU is different.

I can see the USB device, but not as an IMAQ camera.

Older posts says it was not possible, but there should be new drivers...

Thanks a lot.

sbRIO.png

Neo
Hardware-designer, inventor, freak...
FEI, VSB Technical University Ostrava
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,638 Views)

Hi NeoGHOST,

The sbRIO-9636 and myRIO are quite different under the hood.  They use a different processor and OS.  sbRIO-9636 is using VxWorks OS on a Power PC and myRIO uses NI Linux RT on a dual-core ARM processor.

I'm not very familiar with the USB Camera driver, but I wanted to point out that it would diffenately require a different back end implementation to support both targets.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,636 Views)

Hi,

thanks for a fast reply. 

I thought there is some major difference between boards,

because it does not work on sbRIO with similar drivers.

It is a pity, because the USB port is on the board already...

Thanks a lot.

Neo
Hardware-designer, inventor, freak...
FEI, VSB Technical University Ostrava
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,629 Views)

Hi Neo,

Your sbRIO can interface with USB3 Vision cameras that are backwards compatible with USB 2.0, as per this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F270DE974BF028C486257BF100626B0B. The camera you used on the myRIO is a UVC compliant webcam, and that will not work on the sbRIO which runs the VxWorks RTOS as Spex has mentioned. Take a look at this KB also for some more information: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13045/en/.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,619 Views)