From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time software wizard not launching in MAX with cRIO 9074

Windows 7

LabVIEW 2012f1

NI-RIO 12.0

MAX version 5.3.1

NI-9074, NI9229,NI9219,NI9403,NI9477,NI9481

Problem:  MAX will not launch the Real Time Software Wizard for a 9074 cRIO chassis.  RAD tool also fails to access the cRIO.

Problem started after installing the Real Time and FPGA developer code from the 2012 insallations disks.  After modifying the code, I was unable to Run at Startup, probably due to a license issue.

I deleted LabVIEW and reinstalled just the developer and drivers.  I have a license for the LV developer software, but after the installation, I could no longer load software to the cRIO.  MAX has no problem accessing the cRIO, but will not start the Wizard.  I get the "The selected target does not support this function." dialog box.  A different computer with the same software installed does not have this problem.

I have deleted and reinstalled LV and NI-RIO several times, but it has not fixed the issue.

After deleting LV, it seems that the settings from previous installs are saved somewhere.  I have turned on the auto update function that is installed with LV, but some how those settings are still the same after reinstalling.  Is there a configuration file somewhere that stores that information that doesn't get removed when deleting LV.

LabVIEW was deleted using the Windows Add Programs function in the control panel.

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,873 Views)

When you say that you were unable to Run at Startup after "modifying the code", what changes did you make?

I would try installing a newer version of NI-RIO such as 14.1.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,857 Views)

The same software running on a different computer will start the real time software wizard without issue.  In fact I had to use the RAD tool from this other computer to load the image data to the cRIO.

I think this has more to do with LabVIEW not completely removing itself after being deleted.  There are some settings that are left on the computer even after it has been deleted that may be causing this issue.

The settings I changed for the NI Update program stayed the same after reinstalling.  I think a Windows registry cleanse is in order.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,853 Views)

That definitely sounds like the likely culprit. Let me know if the issue persists following the registery cleaner.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,839 Views)

I am having a very similar issue with NI Max and a cRIO. Add/Remove software works from one PC but not another. They are both using the same version of NI Max. The software licenses are active on both machines. Was there an eventual solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,826 Views)