From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing components of web-based configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, I can see the System Settings, Network Settings, and Time Settings in MAX.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kinnikinnick

Hello,

Do you have any critical data on the controller as of yet? If not, perhaps reformatting the controller and re-installing the Real-Time software would correct the inability for the Network Browser to connect and retrieve information from the target.

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 12 of 15
(1,824 Views)

I too saw this problem of no Admin (or any other) account and the popup error saying "Login Error - Error while retrieving database: NotFound - OK" but it actually happened as a result of having reformatted a cRIO and reinstallation of the software. It had been working fine before that.  I contacted NI support and Tim wrote me back to say that this was a known problem caused by a race condition involving the startup of the Application Web Server on the cRIO. To quote him "To alleviate this conflict over the directory, add a

WebAppServer.StartDelayInSeconds=30 token to the cRIO’s INI file. You can also simply remove the Application Web Sever if you aren’t using it in your application." As I was not sure what else I might break by removing the server, I opted to add the delay to the INI file. After rebooting the cRIO, the problem was fixed.

The INI file is located here. Double click it to open it in an editor.

INI file location

And this is what the edit looks like after it is in place.

edited file

Save the change, reboot the RT system and try it again.

Message 13 of 15
(1,674 Views)

I have a problem also about web server of cRIO. could you help me? (as the following link)
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/cRIO-WEB-SERVER-ERROR/td-p/3281873

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,217 Views)

Hi d4nvjpl0ng4n,

I posted to your new thread; let’s keep posting there moving forward!

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,199 Views)