Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log data on the host computer using cRIO-9035

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible for me to log data on the host computer opposed to on the controller itself? I'm needing to log quite a bit of data and I'm not wanting to use my storage on the cRIO. I'm using scan mode on the controller.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,376 Views)

Lots of ways to do this. You can write a datalogger to run on the PC, to read shared variables hosted on controller and  write them to a file. There is also the DSC module for logging hundreds to thousands of shared variables to a database, if you need that.

Message 2 of 3
(4,313 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ColtonD

@MarkCG wrote:

Lots of ways to do this. You can write a datalogger to run on the PC, to read shared variables hosted on controller and  write them to a file. There is also the DSC module for logging hundreds to thousands of shared variables to a database, if you need that.

I recommend NOT going with the Network Published Shared Variables.  They are slow and lossy.  What I recommend is using a Network Stream to send your formatted data to your host PC which can just send the stream data straight to a file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(4,279 Views)