From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jack input for single board rio

Hi .I wil use hdyrophone for my project and hydrophone output jack (male).I need to connect to my control card (single board 9636).How to i connect hydrophoneto my control card.I know my control card have not jack input.Maybe i need to use mezzanie card but is there any mezzanie card for this input?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,592 Views)

Hi osman87

What is the model for you hydrophone? And you're talking about gathering data off of an auxiliary cord, correct?

I believe that data transmitted via AUX cable is unprocessed, so you should be able to wire the AUX cord directly into one of the AI ports on the sbRIO as long as the amplitude of the signal does not exceed the max specification on the card (which should be ±10 V). Simply wrap a wire around the AUX cord end (a clip end would probably be best), and wire the other end directly into the sbRIO AI port you want to read the data from. The part I'm not sure about that you would need to find out is which part of the AUX cord is your ground and which part or parts are your signal.

Just curious, what is your application? And are you planning on using the RT target or FPGA to process data?

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,580 Views)

Hello

Firstly thank you for reply .Yes i gatharing data from auxiliary cord.autonomous sea vehicle on surface.I want to use RT target.tHnak you for slotion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,567 Views)