Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install software failure on cRIO 9067

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok, I got a new cRIO 9067  and I have noticed, that when installing software on it though MAX, everything works as long as I DON'T SELECT NI WATCHDOG 14.0.0.  If  I do I get the following error . This is very repeatable. 

crio install error.PNG

this is the other sw I have installed, otherwise:

installed cRIO sw.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,281 Views)

Hi MarkCG, 

Can you try formatting the cRIO before installing software?

Does the NI Watchdog error occur while installing the software or after?

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,237 Views)

Hi Kelly, 

the error occurs after formatting regardless. I formatted after I got the error, tried again, same thing. The error occurres a few minutes in to the course of the installation. 

Regards,

Mark Garnett

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkCG

Hi Mark, 

The NI-Watchdog driver is a part of LabVIEW Real-Time, so sounds like something might be wrong with your installation of the LabVIEW Real-Time Module on your computer.

Can you uninstall and reinstall the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and see if that corrects the issue?

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,220 Views)

Hi Mark, 

I apologize for my mistake.  In this case, the Real-Time Module contains the files to program using the Watchdog API.  The actual driver that would be installed on your cRIO is the NI-RIO driver.

I'm sorry if I've caused any inconvenience.  So that I can accurately reproduce your issue, can you send me a private message and attach a MAX Technical Report?  This could also help indicate what is causing the problem.  Instructions to do that are here.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,203 Views)

Hi Kelly,

yes I didn't want to do a reinstall, glad I waited 🙂 . Sending it now

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,182 Views)

Hi Kelly, 

I set that cRIO project aside for a while, but I finally found all the necessary disks and I repaired my installation of NI cRIO 14.0.1 and this seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,

Mark Garnett

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,962 Views)

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for updating the thread.  I'm glad to hear this worked!

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,952 Views)