From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to enhance my time for I/O operation.

i am currently working with cRIO9075,  i need to enhance my time for I/O operation. Will changing the I/o c modules help to make it fast or do i get a cRIO9063?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,510 Views)

We need A LOT more information here.  What modules are you currently using?  What are you measuring?  What rate are you writing/reading it at?  What rate do you want to write/read at?  Are you using the FPGA interface or the Scan Engine?  What processing are you doing?  Care to share some code to give us a lot more context?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,508 Views)

Im sorry the code is confidential. But im using cRIO 9075 hardware to simulate a Hydrographic synchorinising unit, its a very basic processing- We read the Inputs and generate Outputs based on the inputs. The bottle neck in the process is the Scan Engine. At current it takes 1/2 mili second to read and 1/2 mili second to write. We want it to be less than 100micro second.  Im using NI 9472 & NI 9425 modules for I/O.

The following are some of my questions and would be glad if you could answer them:

1) the measurements of 1/2 mili second were taken on LABView 2012, will it improve as we use LABView2015.
2) Will a change of I/O module help bring down the I/O time using scan interface to 100micro second for both read & write? if yes could you suggest me which I/O module to go for which is compatible with cRIO 9075 and will be cost effective for the task. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,503 Views)

About the best the Scan Engine can do is about an update every 1ms.  If you want to go faster, you need to move at least some of your processing to the FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,499 Views)

Is that the only option that i have left? Coz moving to FPGA would be costly. Is there anything else you could recommend?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,480 Views)