Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general questions about sbrio

Hello

I will use sbrio9601 with the crio9201 and a gsm module to take 24h measurements and I have some questions about that. 

How many days can these devices work (taking measurements) non-stop? I have to know to protect it from burn.
What I have to do to have access to its software remotely, (example.vi) so i can see the data live or change its settings?
When i upload the functions (example.vi) to the sbrio and disconnect it from my pc (ethernet cable) is still working properly?
I think I finished with programing, I am taking measurements and the sbrio sending them through sms for now. Do I have to build my application as a Stand-Alone Real time application?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,478 Views)

1. The devices are built to work non-stop for months and years. I am not sure what the technical answer to that is, so I will not comment any further (not sure what the exact life of the device is).

2. You need to establish a communication method between the real time VI and the host VI. This KB article should help:

Real-Time VI to Host VI Communication Methods

3. I am not sure if this is a question.

4. It would be better to build a stand-alone application, so it becomes easier for you to distribute it. When running a real time system, I believe the choice is yours whether you want to keep running the VI or build a stand-alone application. I always just build an application.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(3,470 Views)

Hello, 

This post is quite old but I still hope that I will get an answer 🙂 

I'm currently thinking about using a SbRio 9636 to send (and receive) data via a GSM module. But the GSM device I have only has a USB and UART I/O. The code you put in your message is protected by a password so my question is : how did you connect the GSM device to the sbRIO ? Is there a special port that you used or is it just through a digital port you made it ?

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,856 Views)

Hello Colax,

This forum has been inactive for a long period of time. I suggest you to create a new one so you will have more chance of getting help from our users. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,836 Views)