Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga sub vi run interactively

I am running LABView 2011 Real-Time and I have FPGA code that I am debugging by running it interactivley on a sbRIO 9642 Target. My question is the FPGA code has sub vi's and if I open a instance of the sub vi it's indicators and controls do not update interactively like the main FPGA code. The sub vi's front panel run arrow stays white and it appears as if it is not being called by the top level FPGA code even though I am sure it is executing the FPGA sub vi code. Is there a setting to configure so that I can see the FPGA sub vi's front panels controls and indicators update interactivley like the main FPGA code? Thanks, Keith

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,988 Views)

Unfortunately, LabVIEW FPGA only allows interacting with the top-level VI used to build the application, not any sub VIs. To allow debugging information within sub VIs, much more logic would be necessary.

Have you attempted to run the application using the "Execution on Development Computer" mode? I do not believe the sbRIO targets support a simulation export for use with a third party simulator, so that execution mode may be your best bet to find problems.

If you really do need to debug in hardware, you will need to make the data from the sub VI available to the top-level VI by passing them out as indicators or through memories or FIFOs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,977 Views)