Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to discover c series module NI-RIO 3.5.1

I'm having trouble using LabVIEW 2010 and communicating to a NI cRIO-9002 running NI-RIO 3.5.1 minimal install.  I have two issues.  First, LabVIEW can not discover the modules in the chassis.  I get an error saying there is an internal error.  I can manually add the modules and can run code on the FPGA itself but then issue two appears.  Issue two, I can not create a reference to an FPGA vi from a RT vi.  The open reference has an internal error with no hope of fixing it on my end.  I've tried all the ways of assigning the FPGA code to the refernce but no bueno.

I've tried changing out the cRIO-9002 and chassis to another set and have the same error.  The problem appears to be somewhere in LabVIEW and could be a compatailibty issue.  This is confusing because this hardware/software combo appeared fine on Thursday and started giving me grief on Friday afternoon (of course.)

I have LabVIEW 2009 but have not loaded the 2009 version of Real Time and FPGA.  I guess that is the next step for me to try.

Any insight would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,446 Views)

Could you elaborate on the "internal error" that you are getting with the open reference?  What does the error say?

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,431 Views)

I've got everything working by using 2009 instead.  I believe I have something corrupt or improperly installed in my 2010 install.  For 2010 I don't have install disks and installed components from www.ni.com/src With 2009, I have the install CDs.  The curious thing to me is that I had 2010 working and then things broke later.  I don't have time to pursure further at the moment.  Once I get my hands on the 2010 DVDs I will do a clean install of everything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,423 Views)

Hello,

We are trying to configure the C-rio with the labview progrom wherein we want to transfer file from an existing program of 9234 to a new one

while doing so we have encountered the following problem

• when we try to find targets and devices, we are getting a pop up window which says "falied to detect the chassis"

version Labview 2010

your help would be apreciated if we could get a response at the earliest.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,409 Views)
Can you see your cRIO in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Have you successfully installed software (NI-RIO 3.5.1) to the cRIO in MAX?

Do you have the LabVIEW 2010 Real-Time Module installed?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,397 Views)