Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when trying ot read largest memory block on cRIO 9067 LVRT 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

I get error "-2147220623" when running the following code on a cRIO 9067. It works on the cRIO 9074

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MarkCG
I verified this property node's behavior with a cRIO-9068 (running NI Linux Real-Time like the cRIO-9067) and a cRIO-9075 (running VxWorks like the cRIO-9074). A corrective action report has been filed. The property node is only applicable for code running on VxWorks or PharLAP targets. These are the only operating systems that do not have virtual memory support, unlike NI Linux Real-Time, and are therefore in need of a mechanism to monitor the largest contiguous memory block. If you hover over this property node with the Context Help window open, its states:
Specifies the size of the largest block of available memory in KB on a system running VxWorks or PharLap.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,962 Views)

Right, that property does not apply to Linux targets, as noted in the error description:

Error -2147220623 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

NI System Configuration:  (Hex 0x80040371) The property does not exist for this resource.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,957 Views)

Ok, thank you for clarifying! I know that monitoring the largest memory block and avoiding memory fragmentation is emphasized in the cRIO/ LabVIEW RealTime courses. So for Linux RT targets, we should just look at total memory available?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,929 Views)

Monitoring the free physical memory (provided in KB) is a recommended method for checking memory availability on Linux RT targets.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,916 Views)