Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio 9068 appear labview but It doesn't appear in NI MAX

Thank you a lot.

Background of the issue:

1 - cRIO 9068 was set up with software from MAX

2 - cRIO 9068 was set up with a static IP adress from MAX

3 - Realtime software works, and bitfiles download successfully from the labview environment.

1-2 months pass - development was done, and the cRIO would connect perfectly from the labview environment

4 - When downloading the FPGA bitfile, the cRIO asked for password. Anyways it said I entered the wrong password and I was unable to download any new and updated bitfile

5 - When connecting to the webserver of the cRIO (using google chrome), silverlight starts loading. However there pops up an error that says the webserver is not enabled etc.

6 - MAX has stopped detecting the cRIO

7 - Labview still connects to the cRIO. I can download and run VI's in the realtime environment

Things tried:

1 - Hold the reset button for 10 seconds, twice. (doing twice sould also reset the IP adress back to default DHCP)

2 - cRIO still not found in MAX. cRIO works in labview and the NI network scanner

3 - updating MAX to V5.6

4 - Updating NI-RIO to newest (NIRIO1310f1)

5 - Still no success.

The network connection has been tried with direct connection (crossover cable) and through router w/DHCP, and static IP

I will try your solution using the recovery file. It would however be nice to have feedback from NI, just in case if such recovery file should be used with care (in case of different versions, firmware etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,127 Views)

The recovery file worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(3,115 Views)

For others reading this thread, please be careful with the recovery.cfg attached here; recovery is a low-level process without a user-friendly interface, and varies from target to target, so I'd really encourage everyone to work with NI support if you need to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,453 Views)