Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio 9068 appear labview but It doesn't appear in NI MAX

Some time ago I'm working with this cRio. but now it doesn't appear in NI max but I can programmer it through LAbview. Only  NI-max doesn't show cRio.

I need to see it to install a software.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,804 Views)

Have you tried manually adding it?

In MAX, right click on Remote Systems > Create New > Remote Device > Add using IP Address

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,788 Views)

Here are some screenshots for added clarity.

From your project, note your IP address:

Fig1.PNG

Right-click Remote Systems in MAX and select Create New...

Fig2.PNG

Choose Remote Device (not on the local subnet)

Fig3.PNG

If that doesn't work, you can also try resetting the MAX database in case it is corrupted:

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,784 Views)

thank  for your time.

It was the first I attempted. I think that the problem isn't network because in this case I couldn't communicate with cRio no way. cRio appears in Labview, in fact I have programmed aplication both fpga and RT but NI MAX doesn't show cRio and I need to add a software on it.

also I have resetted the MAX database , but It didn't work.

NI Network Browser show working Crio but I can't enter to configuration because is disabled. before it didn't happen.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(7,774 Views)

It looks like you have a Link-Local IP Address on the cRIO in your picture. What is the IP address of your computer? You need to make sure they are on the same subnet to connect and push software to the cRIO. Also, I know it shows up in the Network Browser, but can you ping the IP address of the cRIO?

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,764 Views)

We are on  same subred,  otherwise LAbview Couldn't connect the cRio.

I can run the aplication in  labview . despite cRio doesn't appear in NI MAX.

Also NI Distributed System manager identify  cRio.The unique problem is that  NI MAX doesn't show cRio so I can't add a software on it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,747 Views)

Hello fferrada!

Thanks for using NI forums! Have you tried re-installing your RIO's software again? Here's a link on how to do that:

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/controllersoftware.htm

Before re-installing your RIO's software. Please make sure to get the newest version of NI RIO:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-13.0/3959/en/

Once you have done these steps, please try and check if you can now see it in MAX.

I hope you find this information useful!

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,737 Views)

What version of MAX and NI-RIO do you have installed on your host?  Just to be safe you may want to reinstall the CompactRIO support.  Its possible something is wrong with the cRIO MAX support.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-13.0/4282/en/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,732 Views)

I am having exactly the issue. Did you manage to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,301 Views)

this case was escalade until research engineer at austin (it took them almost 2 month), when  I requested  to help to  national instruments.

the compactRio was formatted  using a pendrive that contained  a recovery file.

to do it you need to follow

1. you need to format a pendrive,  then you add the file on it. with  cRio 9068 off you will insert pendrive and press the reset botton and you will turn on   cRio 9068 and you  must wait until    the status led  keep  on and you release the reset botton. one time  that  led status is off  the  cRio will be formatted

attached recovery file.

Message 10 of 13
(7,286 Views)