cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO ethernet over USB

Solved!
Go to solution

I can't find anything on ethernet over USB other than on this page which says: 

CompactRIO systems use Ethernet or Ethernet over USB for configuration and almost all communication ...

Ok, so i'm using the cRIO-9024 and there's really no instructions on this. 

Anyone know if any of these will work from amazon? 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ethernet+over+usb

For those asking for the reason: I need to have the desktop communicating to the cRIO but need remote access to this desktop so i have to have it connected to the office network, and i'd prefer to have the cRIO directly connected to the desktop. So ethernet over USB would be best option. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,083 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ErnestoB

The Ethernet-Over-USB is a feature for all of the cRIOs developed after the 9068 (ie all Linux RT cRIOs except the cRIO-9068).  Your 9024 does not have this capability.

Depending on the number of slots you need, I would recommend either the cRIO-9064 (4 slots) or the cRIO-9067 (8 slots).  Both of these are the middle road "Value" cRIOs, both of which I have had a lot of success with.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,047 Views)

Thanks for the reply! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,030 Views)