From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO connection was working but isn't anymore

Hello everyone,

Can you share the exact code you're using? (my eyes can't clearly distinguish what is happening in the screenshots)

This will allow me to do a quick test at my side with the code to see if I can reproduce it. I have a 9022 and LV2012SP1 install locally on this pc.

There are several things that I would not advise to do in your code.

Here are the first two things that pop into my mind:
- your timed loop (TL1) that has highest priority, does not contain any error handling.

- in TL1 you also are plotting to a waveform chart.
  In an ideal situation an RT VI should have no graph or charts.
  Especially your highest priority loop shouldn't have a graph or chart.

Do you have any information concerning your CPU and memory usage when you "lose connection"?

PS: I could be heading in the wrong direction, so please provide me with MAX Reports of your cRIO and your PC:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,596 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have solved the problem. I am putting it here so when someone encounters this problem in the future, they can view this post. It is a combination of solutions from other topics.

1. reinstall the software

2. Restart the cRIO

3. important: first run the VI on the cRIO, then the VI located on the computer. When stopping the VI, first stop the VI on the cRIO, afterwards the VI on the computer.

Thanks all for the help!

Niels Van Ransbeeck

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,579 Views)

Hello Niels,

Thank you for the loopback!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,569 Views)