From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Scan mode

Hi,

I am new using cRIO and I need do make data acquisition of thermocouples using a cRIO. I only need to "pass" the temperature of the thermocouples from the cRIO to my Labview program. I was told to use Scan mode and shared variables. I've created a Labview Real Time project and added my cRIO and modules on the project explorer. I already have my program that will run on windows. But now, I don't know where to put my VI (to the windows) on my project. Also, I don't know how to "pass" the variables from the cRIO to my program. Can you help me? I also wanted to know how can I simulate a cRIO to test it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,640 Views)

I'm just going to reiterate what I told you in another thread:  Go and start reading the NI LabVIEW for CompactRIO Developer's Guide.

Furthermore, you might want to check out the free (if you have a current SSP) online training.  I'm pretty sure Real-Time 1 is in there. (Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(5,639 Views)

Sorry to bother, but I really need to solve this soon, I don't have the time to read all the tutorial. I thought that it was a simple task and that somebody coul'd walk me through it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,631 Views)

Ok, let's go through the quick and dirty.

You Windows applications go under the My Computer of your project.

The super simple way to pass your thermocouple data is to go into your Scan Engine variables and make them Network Published.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,627 Views)

Thank you, I'll try it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,625 Views)

If I only do what is in my vis right now with the crio plugged in it will work? I can't simulate 😞

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,606 Views)

You really should zip up your entire project (including the project file) and post that zip file.  There is too much missing from the project file to see if things are correct.

GCentral
Message 7 of 8
(5,582 Views)

Crossrulz,

Thank you very much for the link to the developers guide.

That one post answered at least 50 questions I had.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,531 Views)