Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Device Shows Up Twice

I have a cRIO installation that has issues with network connectivity droppping for no apperent reason.  I'm seeing that the device, a cRIO 9075, is listed twice under Remote Systems.  The two device trees are almost identical, but for a single leaf under Devices and Interfaces.  Where the first device listing shows only Network Devices, the second device listing show NI cROI-9075 "RIO0"

My concern, given that we have not yet isolated the cause of the communication drop outs, is that there may be either a network topology problem, or that the cRIO is in fact not operating normally.

Can someone comment on this issue as it relates to MAX?  Thanks.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,245 Views)

Hi MoviJOHN,

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of this?

Some other questions:

What version of LabVIEW will you be using?

What version of the RIO drivers do you have installed on your computer?

Does the cRIO have a DCHP IP or are you assigning it a static IP?

Is it plugged in directly with ethernet cable to your computer or through a network?

Are you able to ping its IP address? 

If you have not already, I would recommend referring to this document for other troubleshooting steps: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42?OpenDocument

Best,

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,218 Views)

Unfortunately, this is not a problem of not being able to connect to the cRIO.  The real issue is that I have an unknown problem causing the cRIO to drop off of the network, and so far, the only thing that seems out of place is this "seeing double" issue in MAX.

As for software, well there are all kinds of software running there.  The application(s) were compiled in LV2012.  See the attached images for more info.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,200 Views)

Have you tried deleting one of the devices? You could also Reset your MAX Configuration Database(be sure to backup any tasks or scales you want saved). You could be having connectivity issues because there are two references to the same device.

If the above suggestions do not help, check the following common connectivity issues:

• Check if you are railing the CPU on the cRIO. If the CPU is railed, Network Communication will drop out in order to keep determinism on the hardware level. You can check this in NI Distributed System Manager if you have System State Publisher installed on the cRIO.
  • Check if you have multiple network cards on your host. Try disabling all except for the primary card to see if you are still having network communication issues
  • Check if you have any other items on the network with the same IP address. Disconnect the cRIO and ping the IP address the cRIO had from the command line. 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,181 Views)