From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9068 + Scan Engine Support Error - Even though it is installed on cRIO, after deploying error says its missing

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I have a cRIO-9068 that I am trying to use the scan mode for. I have intalled all the latest drivers and software as explained. However, when I set my chassis to scan mode and then select deploy all, I recieve this error on my chassis and all of my modules:

"The current module settigns require NI Scan Engine support on the controller. You can use Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to install a recomended software set of NI-RIO with NI Scan Engine support on the controller. If LabVIEW FPGA is installed, you can use this module with LabVIEW FPGA by adding an FPGA Target Item under the chassis, and drag and drop the module onto the FPGA Target Item."

Has anyone experienced this or know why labVIEW won't recognize that the software is installed on my cRIO or is it not being installed correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,501 Views)

Hi George,

Can you see the NI Scan Engine as an installed component on your device in MAX? 

Scan_Engine.png

Regards,

AGJ

Message 2 of 12
(8,479 Views)
AGJ,
All of my add ons which I try to keep installing show but they have plus signs next to them instead of the green microchip? Does that mean they are not being installed even though when I go through the install process it shows that they are all selected?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,473 Views)

George,

Where are you seeing that? Would you send us a screenshot?

Thanks.

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author George1020

AGJ,

Thank you for the image. I was seeing a green arrown next to all of my microchip images and it looked like that meant the software wasn't really being installed. I formatted my cRIO and did a custom install. My issue was that I had both labview 2013 and 2014 installed and the cRIO was installing conflicting software versions. After doing a custom install and choosing only the 2014 versions, my image now looks like yours!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,463 Views)

Great!

Regards,

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,459 Views)

I am getting the same error message with cRIO 9030 whenever I try to deploy an I/O module on the target.  I have verified in max that NI Scan Engine 4.3 is installed on my cRIO target.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,347 Views)

So I found that the target's Scan Engine was in Configuration mode.  After placing it in Active, I was able to deploy all of the modules on the cRIO target.  However, now I cannot deploy any of my modules on my EtherCAT NI 9144 racks regardless of which scan mode I place the Scan Engine.  I verified that I have all software on the cRIO target I need.  I was also able to find the EtherCAT slaves and their modules on MAX and I was able to add them to the project.  The problem I am having is being able to deploy them.  I have gone through the procedure outlined in the manual provided with the EtherCAT racks and the following link with no issues:  http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10555/en/

The top LEDs on the EtherCAT racks are solid yellow and the bottom are solid green.  Does anyone know why I may be having this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,335 Views)
How do you switch the modes on the scan engine?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,301 Views)

I switch by right clicking the cRIO > Utilities> Scan Engine Mode

I just finished formating the cRIO, re-installing software, discovering cRIO and EtherCAT modules in MAX, adding cRIO and EtherCAT module to the project, put the scan engine mode in "Configuration", and selecting "Deploy All" by right clicking the cRIO and it was able to deploy all modules, including those on the EtherCAT remote racks.  Did I switch between modes incorrectly?  Not sure why it works now except that I must have done something to the settings.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,298 Views)