From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9066 UDP communication error

Hello,

I'm sending data from 9066 to host PC using UDP communication.

When I execute RT target VI, the communication is fine.

But after making RT application and register the VI as a startup application, the UDP communication fails.

The RT VI returned error code 59(networking error).

How can I solve this problem?

(FYI, this VI is running fine on other cRIO targets such as 9076)

UDP port for transmitting is 61556(RT target) -> 61561(Host) and 61566 for receiving(Rx is fine, no error occured)

Thanks

Regards,

YoungMin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,463 Views)

Youngmin,

Can you provide details on your network configuration of the cRIO-9066 and the layout of your network?

If you connect directly between your PC and the cRIO does the UDP connection work as expected?

One of our application engineers should post shortly to help out also but this information will be relevant. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,434 Views)

Hello Kyle,

Fortunately, I solved the problem.

The problem was UDP open functions timeout option.

The default timeout constant is 25000ms, but it fails to connect to network if timeout is not less than 15000ms.

After connecting a constant timeout of 14000ms, the error was cleared. (one of a NIK SE was noticing this problem, and helped me to solve this one)

For your information,

Host IP address is 192.168.10.1(subnet 255.255.255.0) and RT target's is 192.168.10.11(subnet 255.255.255.0).

And they are connected through direct cable and there's no other devices on the network.

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

YoungMin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,430 Views)

Hey YoungMin,

Glad to hear you got everything working.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,404 Views)