Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9036 and 9030 Display Monitor Setup Warnings

This is just a warning to those attempting to connect a monitor to the display enabled cRIO modules, via the mini-display port. 

It seems at least March, 2017 build of the cRIO OS, that you need to perform a hard power cycle to get the display output to work. The first step is to enable 'Display' in Max for the cRIO. Then you 'apply' changes, you are prompted to restart the cRIO.

On 2 cRIO systems, during a 'soft' restart, the display output did NOT work. You need to power cycle the cRIO, to get the display output to actually work. I found this after about 30 minutes to trying different Mini-display to HDMI or display port cables. This issues is exacerbated by the fact that there is a note in the cRIO manual, that cRIO is picky with the Mini-Display port cable and many not work with 'store bought' (mono-price) cables.

It's misleading, because when you change the settings in Max and save them, it prompts a cRIO (soft) restart which leads one to believe that the restart should cause the display port output to function.

I've found that cable-matters brand and Amazon essentials brand display port cables work with the cRIO systems.

Also, apparently the fonts are not installed correctly on the cRIO which will cause lots of head scratching when viewing front panels on the cRIO. There is a forum post on how to correct the display fonts on the system. (Which requires a reboot)

Regards

Jack Hamilton

Message 1 of 2
(2,921 Views)

good info! I am about to start working on cRIO with embedded display, this will save me some time

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,887 Views)