From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the error message altered when passed trough a shared variable with real-time FIFO enabled?

See attachment.

This has to be a bug?

I don’t get this behaviour when the shared variable is not enabled as real-time FIFO.

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,520 Views)

Hi Terje

I was not able to reproduce this behaviour in LabVIEW 8.5. I made a program that was identical to the one depicted in the last post, and enabled real-time FIFO on the variable. To get any further I probably need some more information about your set-up. Which version of LabVIEW are you using? Could you also post the library that contains the shared variable?

Regards
Øyvind Ø

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,492 Views)

Hi Øyvind and thank you for your reply

I use LabVIEW 8.5 with the real-time and FPGA module.

I have attached a library which is the same as the example as above. I would really appreciate if you could see if you get the same behaviour as me. This bug had me fooled for hours.

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,486 Views)

Hi,

I managed to reproduce it now. The only thing I did differently was that my shared variable was network-published and not single-processed. I will go ahead and report this to R&D for further investigation.

Regards

Øyvind Ø

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,474 Views)