cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum supported SD card speed class

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to know what the maximum supported SD card supported class is for a cRIO-9031 SD card slot.

I need to speciify a SDHC card to be bought for use in this system. I require " Industrial Grade" SD cards and the speed indication changes the price considerably. (Class 4 vs. Class10 UHS-1 both 8GB, the latter is 4x time the prices of the first appr. EUR200)

Please provide me with the hardware specification of the cRIO-9031 SD card slot (the specification manual "376261A-02" states: "SD removable (user supplied) Up to 32 GB" )

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,523 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Hi André,

The CompactRIO-9031 supports SD write speed of up 10MB/s, and supports SDHC standard cards. Therefore, SDHC Class 10 speed cards should be supported. Please see page 4 of the manual linked below:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376261a_02.pdf

However, there are a lot of factors that can affect the observed stream rate such as compressibility of the data, write loop speed, write size etc. Please be aware of these factors when programming.

Thanks,

Tom

NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,500 Views)

Hello Tom,

Thanks for you quick response.

Why didn't I see that! The quote I posted is from the same page of the same document Smiley Frustrated

I will definitely not buy the UHS-1 type SD cards for this application then.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,495 Views)